Sunday, September 12, 2004

Later that Sunday..

I get to the office around quarter til eight and folks are still there, this should not be. It should not be but it is, one person is a friend who I haven't seen for a while and the other person helps out at the front desk.

I says "Hi" with a smile and then add "I don't know what you are doing here but I'm quite certain I don't want to know."

And I was right. They were working on some affor dable housing project that the owner has the office involved in, if folks are still here on Sunday night that means the dealine is tomorrow. I'm glad I'm not involved with this part but I do feel sorry that I'm not helping out. But what the heck I can't do everything. And was busy all day not mowing a lawn.

Anyway the thermostat is timed, so the AC is off, so I turn it on because even at night the office is too warm for comfort, sometimes. The deal with the AC is we try to turn it off at night (normally at 7PM when the office closes) because we have a neighbor that complains. We started talking about the neighbor and I mentioned that he's been complaining for years and that he confronted me one day about the AC being left on and I ended up being rude to the guy. I actually forget what I said to the guy but he kinda got in my face when I was genuinely trying to be nice to him. He wanted me to promise that it would never happen again and I told him I couldn't do that because I'm not the one that always locks up. And really dude just buy an AC and you won't hear ours.

That was about the extent of my story so I left the main office and went to check to see if I had files that I needed to deal with and I overheared the others say that they have never see me be rude to anyone.

I was going to set them straight but what would be the point of that?

No comments: