Thursday, September 09, 2004

In the long run...

sahalie reminds me that the price of silver usually goes up, in the long run.

There’s a line in a movie where someone says he’s sold his soul to the devil. He’s asked what he got for his soul and the answer is that he was taught to play the guitar, real well. And the guy asking about the trade says “And for that you traded your everlasting soul?” and the trader replies with a shoulder shrug “I wasn’t using it.”

There have been times when I was in the middle of doing something and I would think that that something was pointless. And you know what, that activity would turn out to be pointless but often later down the road, I’ll use a skill or a piece of knowledge that I picked up during the pointless activity for something that has a point.

Sometimes my pointless activities are not always without value, I guess is what I’m saying.

No comments: