Monday, September 20, 2004

mowed down

after three weeks, I finally mowed the lawn. (yesterday)

the dsl line is in and working on all the networked computers at the second job.

it's a lot quicker uploading stuff.

...

The lunch place was dead. I walked in at 1:45PM and no one was there, no one but the barkeep and the waitress and the two cooks. I sat at the bar and ordered. I was there for an half hour before anybody came in. The guys that came in were in the service, served in Iraq. The were all about twentyone years old.

They called me sir.

There were in town because they were going to be the color guard for the Red Sox game. Two were drinking beer, the other water with lemon. All were nervous about screwing up on tv. By the time I was leaving they were up to two drinks apiece. I asked if they were going to hang around at the bar for a little longer. They said they were, so I told the barkeep to throw another round on their bill and give it to me.

So if the color guard at the Red Sox game screwed it up, I might be partially to blame.

Them dudes was young and voting for Bush.

Voting for Bush because they have no confidence that Kerry will continue in Iraq. If the US doesn't continue in Iraq then all their efforts would be in vain.

No comments: