Thursday, September 23, 2004

My dad was magic

There was a time I thought I had a magic bed. It was magic because there were times I would sleep under the bed but wake up on top of it.

I would sleep under the bed because sometimes when the moon was just right the shadow from the curtain and the window frame would look like a huge spider’s web. And me I was no dummy I knew that with spider webs you get spiders, usually hiding somewhere that you can’t see. I also knew that spiders cannot see through beds, no matter how many eyes they had, so under the bed I would go. I would start off under the bed but end up on top of it by morning.

So, I had this magic bed but I couldn’t tell anyone because I only found out about it because I was hiding from a huge imaginary spider and folks just wouldn’t understand. I kept the magic bed a secret.

I soon realized that there was no spider but that the magic bed was cool, so I kept sleeping under the bed. I liked it.

Then one day my dad, out of the blue, asked me “Why are you sleeping under the bed?” I told him “I like it under the bed.” To which he replied “Well knock it off because I’m tired of pulling you out from under the bed when I go to check on you at night.”

No comments: