Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I wonder about my exchange rate of soul to silver.

Regina is unemployed - her choice at the moment.

She’s unemployed because she wants music, more music.

...

There was this point being made, I forget by which means it reached my senses but it was major media. The point was if people don’t like their job, it’s mostly their own fault. The guy said if you don’t like your job then leave. Most people would argue that they have expenses. The reply was that the expenses were all chosen, the mortgage or rent, the car payment, credit card bills, he argued that they could all be reduced or maybe eliminated by most of the people who do the complaining. Is there a smaller apartment you can rent? A less expensive car you can drive? Take the bus, even. You stay for a reason.

The point – be aware of your priorities because that is most likely why you make your choices.
The message – stop complaining because it’s your own choice.

Sometimes, I don’t like my job(s) but the money and security are convenient. I could leave, I still know certain folks that would welcome me but the pay would be less and the job not quite as secure. I could even do the self-employment thing again but...

Sometimes, I trade a bit of soul for silver.

Regina, she’s trading silver for soul. I hope it works out.

...

So, I try not to complain so much about my job but I still wonder about my exchange rate of soul to silver.

No comments: