Tuesday, September 28, 2004

I'm sorry but I can't make the shareholders' meeting...

Sometimes I see things differently then other people. After nine eleven the stock market crashed. I still don't understand quite why it dropped as much as it did but then again I'm no expert. My guess is a bunch of folks panicked.

I'm not a big stockholder but I do buy stocks. I opened an account to buy stocks mainly to give stocks as gifts. Stocks aren't the best gift in the world but at least I know that stuff doesn't get thrown away and I think stocks, although more risky than bonds, are a bit more personal than savings bonds. There was a time you could have owned a piece of the Bos ton Cel tics, the Cel tics aren't the team they used to be, but I think it was cool how some know-nothing could walk up to one of the stars and say "you work for me." ...The 'sucker' would be implied.

Anyway, the market crashes big time. I say 'sweet.' I say sweet because I figure if the stock market is no good then paper money is no good. Why is that sweet? Because I figure that the paper money is still going to be good, it has to be or the United States is finished, so conversely, I think, the stocks will be good (someday), so I spend all can on buying stocks. After a few months, the grand total was only $2400 so I'm hardly a player but the thing is those stocks are worth $4100 today. So, to all those folks who dumped their stocks, I would just like to say "thanks" and that you were a bunch of 'suckers' and ask where was your faith in America?

My lawyers say I should add, please speak to your financial advisor before investing any money in the stock market.

( I don't really have any lawyers)

No comments: