Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Sore throat, running nose, congestion – all mild.

So, I eat better and keep warm, warmer than I like but I dislike colds. I don't get colds often maybe something mild every other season, usually late in the season. There have been a couple times when it has been worse. Maybe, it was the lack of sleep or the sleeping under a running fan on one of the cooler nights.

Anyway, mild cold symptoms are here. As I was leaving the house I took a half dose of NyQuil, probably not the best way to start the day. I got to work and figured a grande espresso drink from Starbucks should counteract any effects of the NyQuil. Around 11:30am the nose starts to feel like it wants to start running a bit so I go to the drugstore to get some stuff. Stuff got – DayQuil, Cold-Eeze and white chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (on sale). I take a Cold-Eeze and read the package which states that I should not chew it but let dissolve slowly in my mouth.

I chew hard candy. I chew jawbreakers. I chew hard cold drop lozenges such as Cold-Eeze. I chew them all.

I did actually refrain from actually biting all the way through the lozenge, I sort of squeezed it between my teeth. Does that count as chewing? I mean the teeth never met. Never bit through.

I'll let my lawyers figure it out.

No comments: