Saturday, September 11, 2004

For the story of it all

So, I'm having this phony conversation in my head with Lady G about a friend of hers. Lady G has said in the past and again now that the friend is hard to live with. My reply to that is "Yeah, but she's a hot piece of tail, so most guys would make do", which I would never say in real life because I think a guy would only put up with it for a relatively short while and Lady G would probably say "If she's so hot then why don't you fuck her" which would start an exchange I would rather avoid.

But in this pretend conversation that's what I said and Lady G's reply was "Am I a hot piece of tail?", which I know is a question that is setting me up, but I'm ready for it (because this is all pretend, in my head). So I say "Yes, you are but that's not why I hang around. I hang around because of who you are, your personality, the way you look out for your friends, the way you bring cake to the cakeless on their birthdays, the way you tell a story."

The pretend conversation ended there because I started thinking about how I do love how a story is told. I first really noticed Lady G when she was telling a story to friends of her. I still like to watch her tell a story, she's great at it. And, I guess that is a reason I read blogs as well, for the story of it all.

No comments: