Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Seriously though, thanks

The exchange started poorly, I asked for a plan that he most likely had and he said he probably didn't have anything for that location, right off the top of his head. I don't deal with his plans as much as he does but I know of his plans and what areas usually have plans. This area should have plans. It really should. So, he checks his records and finds the plan I need but he wants to measure stuff and give me his take on the situation, which is fine, I actually like input but the dude is wrong.

So the dude is wrong. He wrong about the scale of the drawing and he's wrong about why I need the plan but I need the plan. I told him why I need the plan, the precise reason but he basically tells me that I need the plan for a different reason.

Chief, I'm the one that needs the plan. Me, not my boss, not his boss, not some consultant, but me, I need it and I'm pretty certain as to why I need it.

I try to be diplomatic about the whole thing because I have to deal with the guy probably once every other month. I want to say "Hey, buddy you're wrong" and show him how to read the scale but I don't. How do you tell some guy who is supposed to be able to measure a plan that he's using the scale wrong? I just said "thanks a lot" and left. He was way off, off like double. I measured the sidewalk, in the field, at eight feet his plan shows the sidewalk at seven feet and he was telling me that it's fourteen feet. The city has very few sidewalks with a width of fourteen feet and this ain't one of them.

Seriously though, thanks for the plan.

No comments: