Thursday, September 09, 2004

six cents worth

It was raining yesterday morning so like the lameass I am I drove to the public transportation station.

In my truck there is this neat little compartment at the top of the console that holds my cell phone quite nicely. I placed the cell phone in this compartment like I usually do and said to myself "Don't forget to take that." Well I did forget to take the phone and subsequently missed an opportunity for lunch with Lady G.

And I really like lunch.

...

"That will be $2.94."

That's the price of a grande white chocolate mocha. I've been visiting Starbuck's once a day all week, well, all week except Monday.

I offered a $20.00. I offered the twenty because I had $21.66 in my pocket. The paper money consisted of a single and the double sawbuck.

She asks "Do you have anything smaller?"

I hold up the single as if to prove that I don't and say "All I have is a single."

Maybe I was trying to get my overpriced coffee beverage on the cheap.

Maybe she would say "Today, that's close enough."

I was handed a five, twelve ones, a nickel and a penny.

I tipped the six cents.

No comments: