Wednesday, September 01, 2004

I don't really skip that much.

I don't deal with the public coming in off the street everyday, but where I sit I can hear what is going on. I'll hear things and I just have to take a walk around the cubes to see the type of person who said such a thing. Some of the stuff is unbelievable. Today it was "Who is Public Works?" For those of you who don't know, Public Works are the folks that pick up the trash, install/repair the sideways & roadways, keep the street lights lit, stuff like that.

If you're in the city how can you have never heard of Public Works? Especially, when you're standing in City Hall.

...Of course, it may have been an act, she was a pretty young blonde.

...

So I get a call.

"Tim, it's me but it's not work related"

"Okay"

"You know 'so-n-so' right? Well he has this partner (business partner, not life partner) who is moving and he has a seven year old rabbit he needs to find a home for and the 'owner' said you might be interested. Would you be?"

"I would say no I'm not"

Sheesh, I took the 'owner's' rabbit a couple years ago as a favor to her. I'm not really in love with rabbits.

I'll probably change my mind though if I'm asked again because I'm a sucker. ...And I'm really in love with rabbits.

...

"I like your shoes"

"Yeah, I like em too but.." and I show the crack that runs the width of the shoe right in the middle of where my foot bends when I'm walking.

"How did you do that?"

"I don't know but it's both shoes and it's happened to another pair I had too"

"Maybe it's the way you walk"

"Yeah, or maybe it's all the skipping I do"

No comments: