Friday, September 03, 2004

I'll wait and see...

I was leaving the office for the night, it was a little bit before 11PM. My truck was parked about two blocks away, down by the beach. I had just reached the last intersection I had to cross and I waited for traffic to pass but this traffic was not passing. The non-passing vehicle was a black Mercedes driven by an attractive female. My first thought was "I not turning tricks tonight" but then I recognized the driver. It was the owner of my second means of employment.

"You just leaving now? Was what she asked through the mechanically opening window.

"Yeah, but this is early for me." I said as I looked at my watch even though I knew the time of night. "I sometimes don't leave until three in the morning but I'm hoping the new computer will help with that a bit."

"Oh!, ...I should be coming back soon, 'my daughter' is doing better so I think I can do three days a week. Then we can start kicking butt, again" I think she said 'butt' but I'm certain I heard 'ass' in the confines of my head.

"I've been waiting." I said hoping she was correct.

No comments: