Sunday, September 19, 2004

Fiction, Nonfiction


"I've heard you decided to stay and that made me glad" was what my former big boss said. She's moved on, I'm still here.

Her fingers are somehow still in the pie.

I tell her the decision was more made by the potential new employer than by me. I tanked the interview, an interview I should have aced but didn't, I did tell her this. But I did tell that to the potential new employer.

"And I really don't want to go but if I can't get what I need from here, I need to go someplace else, ...others are interested" I added with an apologetic shoulder shrug. She tells me to talk to her former number two, forget about talking to that guy, she motions to office where the boss to my boss sits, there will be changes she assures me.

She says this exchange never existed.

Mums the word, I definitely won't post this to the internet

So this must be a work of fiction.

...

Over the past month's time I have gotten a $70 per week raise ($42 after taxes).

I complain too much.

No comments: