Thursday, June 09, 2005

blah, blah, blah and shit

the New England Aquarium is shaking me down.

"Hi, this is so-n-so from the New England Aquarium. I'm calling about a fund drive which was mentioned in a letter from Director Whosey What-its. Did you get that letter"

"To be honest with you, sometimes I don't open those letters. Maybe"

"Are you still an active member?"

'heck, you tell me' is what i think but what I say is "Yes"

"What do you like best about the aquarium?"

"I don't know...the exhibits?" the ones that haven't changed for the past twenty years

"Well, your membership fee doesn't really even cover the costs..."

I sort of shut off, i don't know what she said but she was looking for a $1000 donation. I'm glad she understood my laughing was an indication that I wasn't giving a grand. The amount requested dropped down to $50 eventually.

"I don't have it right now"

"Do you know when you could make a donation?"

"Later in the month"

"Can I send out a pledge card for the end of the month?"

"Sure"

"For how much?"

"A hundred"

"Thank you ...blah, blah, blah and shit"

yeah, whatever.

No comments: