Thursday, June 16, 2005

“I’m not pissed at you. I haven’t that kind of time”

that was said to some dude next to me at the bar the other day.

dude ordered the stuffed jalapenos and asked for some salt as Danielle already had her hand on the shaker.

“I know how you like them” she sounded a little pissed

“Maybe he was trying not to be presumptuous” I offered to try and make some peace.

“Oh, no - I was trying to piss her off” dude said.

he was on his own after that.



I threw the carryons behind the driver’s seat of my extended cab and waited. The smell inside the truck changed from the faint smell of freshly mowed lawn to the fragrance I associate with her. I thought I haven’t been experiencing either scent much lately, one because I’ve been lazy and the other because she’s been busy.

No comments: