Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I was late getting to work, the subway had switching problems and I was meandering too much that morning anyway. I would have most likely have been late regardless.

The guys were in the usually spot having coffee, I grabbed a cup and joined them. After the comments about me being late and how cold it was, one of the guys reached into his pocket and produced a blueberry muffin wrapped in plastic wrap and held it out towards me.

"Can I interest you in a muffin?"

"Sure. It's a little odd but..."

"Yeah, somebody was just passing them out down the street so he just grabbed a few" another fellow said.

the muffin wasn't bad.

...

so, I'm still letting the little things drive me crazy.

like people talking louder than they have too

like folks leaving a computer running in an un-air conditioned room when the temperature exceeds 85 degrees.

like folks leaving me voice mail at 9PM at night for something that seems a lot like jibber jabber

like hearing people chewing on an apple

like people wanting me to do what I get paid to do


...

anyway

any way

meg writes



...

I pulled my watch from the compartment in the armrest console of my truck and while I was putting it on I noticed it smelled like cinnamon. The watch had been there for three days leaning against a pack of Orbit cinnamon gum.

Flavors impart

Flavors fade

For a split second, I wondered if the gum smelled a little like wristwatch. I didn't bother trying to check because I've never been able to smell wristwatch.

No comments: