Wednesday, June 22, 2005

come back on a bad day

The knock on the door was caused by the Jehovah Witnesses doing what they do when they knock on the door of a home.

After their introduction they said that some people today find their jobs to be a burden and something they wish not to do and that some people find their job a blessing.

"What do you think?" I was asked

First I thought it was a poorly phrased question. Was he asking did I think that some folks like their jobs while others dislike their jobs or was he asking whether I liked my job or not.

"I would agree that some folks dislike their jobs while others count their jobs as a blessing." My statement was met with silence but then I knew that wasn't the question he wanted an answer to. I smiled because I was politely giving them a hard time and then I said "I think my job is a blessing"

More silence ensued but it was brief.

"Most people don't say that" the guy number two said.

I thought, I'm not most people as I looked down at the Watchtower he was holding which showed a man toiling in front of a computer while showing a happy woman working in the field gathering crops.

I know my job, on the whole, is a blessing. It's just that I don't like to go around saying such.

No comments: