Friday, June 03, 2005

"I called to see if you were working for that other bitch"

"I don't know any bitches" i said

"Anyway, I need a favor. I might need you to pick Danielle up at the airport I said I would but I'm running late"

"Sure"

"I'll call you in forty minutes to let you know. Sometimes that flight from Miami is late. Can you check online? Let me know when I call back"

"Why don't I just agree to pick her up now?"

"What?"

"Instead of you rushing around and me checking shit and you getting back to me, why don't I just agree right now to pick her up?"

there was a slight pause, the connection wasn't great so i didn't know if she heard me or not.

"Listen, you do as I say. If I say do half a thing you do half a thing and nothing more" - said with a ghetto attitude and I'm certain there was a particular type of head movement with it as well.

"Excuse me? Have you forgotten who I am? I don't let my women talk to me like that"

"I'm sorry baby" she said so sweetly and then continued in her normal tone "But for real, I'll call back. I would like to pick her up if possible. I just might need your help driving her to my house"

fifty minutes goes by - no call - so i called

"Hey, it's Tim. The flight's on time. Do you want me to pick her up?"

"Yeah, you can drive her home if she wants, too. I'm stuck in traffic"

No comments: