Tuesday, June 14, 2005

here's one more like normal... well normal for me

Tracy mentioned an ice cream cone which made me remember…

I was standing with Lady G in her parking lot just talking about this and that we had just gotten back from doing something and neither of us wanted to depart. Little g was there and at the time she was about six years old and the ice cream truck comes by and Little g asks her mom if she can get an ice cream.

“I’m outta money ask you step-dad” is what Lady G said and then she pointed to me. Back then I was just a step-dad. I have since graduated to just ‘dad’.

“Sure” I said

So, we walk over to the ice cream truck which is now surrounded by kids, some with money some without.

“What type do you want?” I asked of Little g.

“Vanilla”

“In a cone or a cup?”

“What?”

“Would you like it in a cup with a spoon or in an ice cream cone”

“In a cone”

“What type of cone?”

“What?”

“They have the sugar cones or those type” I said as I pointed at a cake cup.

(click here to see the different types of cones)

“The other kind” – a sugar cone

“A sugar cone?”

“Yes”

So, we get a vanilla ice cream in a sugar cone and it’s like blazing hot and the thing starts dripping and Lady G says “Make sure that doesn’t drip on you or you’re both in trouble”. So, I go get some napkins which I had forgotten to get and come back. Little g is having a heck of a time trying to stay ahead of the drips but she getting the job done but she’s stressing a bit and it doesn’t help that Lady G is watching her like a hawk.

I forget why but Lady G has to go do something so I’m left alone with Little g and she’s still have a tough time with the ice cream and she sees me watching her and she says “You should have gotten me a cup”

And me - I think “Just moments ago you didn’t seem to know that much about the various ways of getting ice cream served to you and now you’re giving me crap? You asked for a cone!” but I said nothing because she was just six years old and she was actually correct.

So, in the future we got our ice creams in a cup with the cone stuck on top

No comments: