Saturday, March 11, 2006

email

I was surprised to see her. She was in the class of friends that didn't come to places like this. It was no secret to where I would be found; I made it public knowledge. She sat at the bar even though ladies usually don't belly up bar. She was meeting me at my present level which was slightly uncomfortable for me. She was out of place and she placed herself there on my account.

I have three distinct classes of friends: the white collar, the blue collar and the others. The white collar friends are the business professionals I've met along the way. They are the people who needed something done or the friend of someone who needed something done. The blue collar people are the ones that I've been around when the things were getting done, they are the ones I hang around the most. I'm mostly one of them but not quite. The others are folks I went to school with, people I've met in the bars, met through family members.

The three groups nearly never meet each other. I'm an ambassador between the groups. I'm a translator; I speak the talk of all the groups. I know how each group hears; the same word means different things to certain people.

No comments: