Thursday, March 16, 2006

Normally, this would not get posted because instead of finishing it just sort of ends...

and I really have no interest to write it better and I've got nothing else, well nothing else that is typed and ready to send.


I volunteered to do something that no one likes doing, it was a fifty-fifty change that I would have ended up doing it anyway. If I hadn't volunteered it would have been left to a coin toss. The coin toss proposition is what set me off. I was already irritated that I was called into the conference room when the situation wasn't all that dramatic. I thought we were professionals. I guess we're a bunch of whiney babies.

So, I not too happy doing someone else's job but things could have been worse which was proven when things got worse. I don't do that job every day so I'm a little slower at doing it than the regular guy. The regular guy has all these account numbers memorized. I have to look the numbers up. The line starts to get long and then it gets longer but I'm not too worry because I'm moving people in an out and I'm dealing with the annoying phone calls as well but then the assistant to the big boss comes over and needs something asap.

I sent the assistant away because I have to move the line. I service all the people and then find the big boss's assistant.

"I'm sorry about that but I had to get rid of those people." I said.

"Oh, that's no problem. I know things are crazy and that this isn't your regular job. I appreciate any help you can give. Part of the problem is that we can't wait until tomorrow."

She then asked me for something that I had never done.

"I'll see what I can do."

It involved screen captures and some other things but I got it done. I had wanted to go ballistic because this could have all been avoided if we were properly staffed. I common gripe among my division but I only had people not in control to complain to so I kept my cool.

No comments: