Saturday, March 18, 2006

I hate being in the middle

I know some people, the kind of people some folks want to know. I never went out of my way to meet these people but our paths crossed and introductions were made. I was usually introduced because those people, the kind that some folks want to know, needed something. Usually, when I'm asked for things it's because it has to be kept quiet or it needs to be done quickly of a combination of both. Sometimes, these endeavors cost me something, time, money, lack of sleep but I never ask for anything in return. My favors have no conditions. My favors are indeed just favors, they are not the first part of an exchange.

But sometimes a friend will need something that I am not personally capable of supplying but I know I can broker a deal to get it done. I don't like asking people for things especially people I have helped in the past. I don't want people to think they owe me. I rarely tell people I know of the people that I know because I don't like being in the middle of asking for favors but sometimes people find out who I know.

I was asked to get someone a ticket to some annual event, people clamor for these tickets, it's a place to be seen. I've never had use for these tickets before because I like my unseen status. But I was asked so I asked, I asked the person who would make it the easiest for me. I just asked once because I don't like being a nag but it turns out, the person I asked forgot, hence a plan B.

Plan B impose upon an important friend, a friend in politics. I called him at home the day before the event. I'm now waiting for a phone call.

I hate being in the middle.

No comments: