Saturday, March 18, 2006

I actually dislike being called an idea man

She asked how I felt about the meeting I had with the people that are redesigning the webpage.

"I don't know. Good I guess. They seemed to know what they are doing.'

"But don't you feel a little bit sad because it was something you created and soon you won't be doing it anymore." L asked

"No not really."

"How long have you been doing it?" T asked

"About ten years"

"Wow, that's a long time. And you don't mind?"

"Nope. Listen, I'm not a professional anything. Everything I do is mostly just to show people what can be done "

"An idea man."

"What? Yeah an idea man. When I first started that page I didn't want to be the one doing. It was just that there was nobody else. Today the internet has grown past my abilities and I really don't have time to catch up. I'm glad someone else is doing it. Back in the day the page was the best it could be, there weren't all these bells and whistles available back then. I wrote that page for a dial-up connection and poor resolution monitors. I won't miss it."

No comments: