Thursday, March 23, 2006

When I got there the bar was crowded, there was only one seat that looked available, I wasn't certain because to the left was a guy in his late thirties and he was talking to a girl in her early twenties to the right, so I inquired about it.

"Is anybody sitting here?"

"No" is what the guy said.

"Is it alright if I sit here?"

There was a slight pause. The guy didn't want me sitting there and when I looked to the girl I couldn’t identify her look. My question was just me being polite, I didn't really need a verbal reply so I started to pull the chair out.

"You sit here. I want to talk to you" the guy said to the girl. The girl looked to me and I gave my 'I really don't give a care where I sit' look. She on the other hand looked like she didn't want to more over a seat but she did. The guy started to talk to her and started moving physically closer to her. He thought he had a chance.

When the guy went to the men's room I leaned slightly towards her and said "I'm sorry I didn't sit between you two."

She laughed and said "That's all right. I'm a cocktail waitress. I can handle him."

A couple beers later, he was all up in her personal business and by now she was facing more towards me than him. She was at this bar because she was on break from the bar that she works at, I figured she had enough. When the guy took a breathe, I said something.

"Hey, what's that Wifi connection you have up there like? Is it free? I know once you sign on you have to enter your email address but after that is there something else?"

"I really don't know. I never use it" and then she touched my arm and said "Thank you."

"I'm glad you understand" I said because I really didn't give a care about the Wifi but then I was a little curious about it.

I smiled and said "This question's for real. Do you get a lot of people in there with computers?"

"I don't see them if we do."

When the guy left for a cigarette, she said we should change our seats.

"Well, I do usually sit down there anyway." I said while pointing.

"Let's move, but let me sit at the end."

After we moved the bartender stopped serving the smoker alcohol and he wasn't interested in any more than half a glass of water so he left.

"I hope he doesn't find me up the street" she said.

"Yeah, me neither."

Before she left she told of her work schedule and that she would most likely be back. I didn't bother telling her that most likely she wouldn't beat me in.

No comments: