Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Best gift ever

So, I get a phone call from one of the agents who is also a friend.

“When are you coming in?”

“I don’t know. There is something I have to pick up today and I don’t know when I’ll be done”

“Oh, because I have a present for you, the best Christmas present ever and I want to be there when you open it.”

“Yeah, I don’t know. I could be late.”

“Okay, I’ll leave it in your office. I also need a check.”

There was other things said and she mentioned that she loves me three times, not all at once but sprinkled about. I was thinking: stand in line, Honey. (that’s not true at all)

So, I’m all excited about my gift because everybody knows that the best Christmas gift ever is a monkey butler but I was a little worried about him being in my office, alone.

I get to my office and there is a bag on the floor, it’s of shopping bag size and nothing is moving. First I think: man it’s one of those small monkey butlers which are nice but the big ones are better. I look in the bag and there is a 6.5oz bag of caramel popcorn (price still on the bottom) and a box about eight inches square, tied with a ribbon into a bow.

Monkey butler is out, the box is too small. So, I open the box and there is this piece of glass artwork. It weights about four pounds and is sort of teardrop shape but upside down.

It’s nice but it’s no monkey butler.

(today I kept the so’s in)

No comments: