Sunday, December 05, 2004

catalogue for philanthropy

I believe in only one thing: liberty; but I do not believe in liberty enough to force it upon anyone – H.L. Mencken (U.S. journalist 1880-1956)

Freedom is not an ideal, it is not even a protection, if it means nothing more than to stagnate, to live without dreams, to have no greater aim than a second car and another television set. – Adlai E. Stevenson (Illinois governor, presidential candidate, and UN ambassador, 1900-1965)

...

I think, we both were within an inch of learning to fly, or at least I might have managed as much as is required for a decent crash – from Vertigo by W.B. Sebald.

...



I got this in the mail.

catalogue for philanthropy

phi·lanthro·pist n One who practices philanthropy; one who loves mankind, and seeks to promote the good of others

I was amused.

No comments: