Friday, December 03, 2004

Change



just some guy here

He knows me on sight. I’ve worked more with his wife then him. I know his former campaign finance guy even better and the campaign finance guy’s wife even better than that, his wife was actually, kiddingly, giving me crap while I was decorating someone’s house.

To him I’m one of the guys in the phrase I know a guy who knows a guy.

I usually help out his wife with some support work for one of her charitable fundraisers. Table tents for silent auction items, stuff like that.

I bring this up because he went from being regular working guy on the street to U.S. Congressman in seven years. He is still a regular guy.

I could have been more involved with his campaigns. The opportunity was made available, I took a pass. I was too busy. I did do some support work for someone running a couple of fundraisers for him but that was about it.

I bring this up because sometimes you can never tell how much something little can bring forth sizable gain. He got to where he is with a lot of help from a few folks and just a little bit of help from a lot of folks. He’s a good man. I don’t always agree with him but he does what he thinks is best for the people.

Change sometimes takes time. You can either be one of the few that helps a lot or be one of the many that helps a little bit. You can even be one of the many that does nothing at all but the choice is yours.

People get the government they deserve.

No comments: