Thursday, December 23, 2004

smoked

I’m watching the movie The Swimming Pool and someone starts lighting a joint and I say “That’s the best looking joint I have even seen” and the response I get is “You notice the weirdest things.”

I’m just saying if I was the director I would have said I want a joint that looks more like a joint and less like an unfiltered Camel. I would have gone to the prop guy and said “Listen, if you can’t roll a fake joint to make it look like a real joint then have one of the grips do it.”

Because everyone knows all the grips are stoners.

There was also a scene where the main character, an author, got an idea to use a supporting character as a subject for her fiction and she makes a folder on her laptop and called it Julie which was the other character's name. So I stated a real author wouldn't use Julie, a real author would make up a phoney name. I futher said that I would have had her type Julie but then erase it and type something else in just so the viewers would know what's going on. And then I would have had the main character do one of these and I did an 'I am thinking' chin stroke. The person I was talking to just rolled their eyes at me.



There was this time I had to be discreet, I had to hang around someplace at certain times during the day and take notes. It’s hard to do all three of those at once because a dude hanging around taking notes at set intervals, usually gets noticed. So, I would smoke a cigarette even though I don’t smoke but the cigarette I chose was Camel unfiltered. I figured it I was going to risk lung caner for my craft I was going to do it like a man.

I also had a micro cassette recorder going so I was smoking and talking to myself which in my neck of the woods goes unnoticed day after day.

No comments: