Tuesday, December 21, 2004

framed

So, part of that ‘what’s your size’ phone call was asking why I called the prior day.

I called because I was asked to mat and frame some pictures but I hadn’t yet got the pictures in hand. So, I called for the pictures.

“Christmas is this Saturday” I was told

“Yeah, you got the photos?”

“They’re by my bed. If you came home last night you would have seen them.”

“I have no problem showing up every night and climbing into bed. If that’s what you want” (I have a key)

“Are you going to copy them or do you want me to do it?”

I’m thinking the bed thing isn’t resolved yet but I really don’t want to copy the photos so I say “It’s better for me if you do it.”

“Okay, I’ll copy them.”

So, I figure I’m going to get a call that the photos are copied or that I’ll get them at lunch. She gets tied up and lunch gets canceled (that’s why buzznet has new pics) and I don’t hear back from her. I’m not too worried at least now it’s not my screw up that is keeping me from framing the photos.

I’m not too worried until nine o’clock in the evening when she calls to say the photos will be waiting for me at CVS.

I worry a little more when I remember that she wanted three sets framed identical (two for friends, one for herself) and I only got enough stuff for two sets, I forgot about her.

I get the photos and there are only two sets of photos.

Sometimes, I get lucky.

No comments: