Friday, December 17, 2004

I don't feel much like dancing today

sorry

maybe things will change later on.



So, here's yesterday's post that didn't make it past the editor (the editor's a prick sometimes).

Sterling mentions my style here is different than over there.

I always smile when my ‘style’ is mentioned.

I smile because I used to think of a style as being a conscious decision. I smile because I used to think I’m style-less. I make no effort to write the way I do, I mainly just write what’s in my head… typos, syntax errors and all.

I smile because I do have a type of style and I think that’s cool. Whether the style itself is cool is debatable but the coolness of having a style is not.

Regina posted a post and says “Hey, that’s Tim-like” and she let me know. I read it and it was Tim-like, it was ‘brief and simple’ ending with a “Hmmm, I guess that's so.”

I hadn’t noticed the difference because both there and here it’s all me, I'm sort of familier with myself, but the change in style seems to be due the audience I perceive there to be. Here it’s enter at your own risk and I only embarrass myself over there I think folks expect a certain something, posts are supposed to have a point, it’s more business over there for me, anyway. I still haven't gotten the instruction booklet on "How to Bring the Beef."

I thought about it and the style change happens in person as well, there is a business side and then there is then a non-business side and it has nothing to do with my location. When I first meet a person I’m more like bringthebeef after awhile though I’m more like greencatfish.

today I said target=_blank

No comments: