Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I dream

I had a dream last night. Last night I was at social function, a dinner so folks can get to know each other better so we can be a better team. It seems I need to get to know folks better. It was an Association’s annual banquet, an association of which I’m a member. It fifty bucks or so a ticket, I was there on someone else’s dime. The tradition is that we go down early and have a few at the ninety nine. I asked for a tall bud and received a beer in a novelty sized mug. The thing was huge, it must have been a foot tall and four inches in diameter, I felt like I should be wearing one of those enormously large foam cowboy hats while I was drinking this thing. After the 99, we show up at the cocktail hour and have normal sized drinks and then dinner.

But that is not the dream that is just the set up. The dream was that I was on a tour bus, the double decker kind only it wasn’t a bus it was a boat, and the seating wasn’t normal. The seating was similar to how you would sit at one of those rectangular banquet tables you find at training conferences and the like, while you are trying to look at some speaker at the front of the room, kind of 45 degree-ish to the table.

I was taking the tour, I think by myself, meaning there is nobody I know but the vehicle is full and during one of the slow parts I glance behind me and see Linda Evans, the actress. We start talking and I turn on the charm, I turn it on to cartoon type proportions.

I sometimes do this in real live, I’ll do things, things out of character just to see if I can get a reaction. If I get a reaction when I don’t expect to, then I don’t know what to do with myself. In real life I don’t think I would try to charm Linda Evans. I would most likely just leave her be.

So my delivery of charm, in the dream, is flawless and to my surprise it works. She ends up placing her head on my shoulder and then I get uneasy because I don’t know where to put my arms or hands. Normally, I know where to put my hands when something like this happens but this is Linda Evans, the actress, so I sit there like an uncomfortable cold fish, with my hands mostly in my lap.

Then I woke up

No comments: