Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Oh Yeah? Bleat This!

So, I’m at the second job. I strolled in at six fifty or so and find the owner sitting at her desk looking over the numbers.

I said “Hi.” She said “Oh, hi Tim.” Then I went to my upstairs office to start my work like I usually do which is running by blogs.

I’m still doing this when she comes up the stairs to get a check written for an insurance bill.

“What are you doing?” she asks.

“I’m writing the check.”

“Right now?”

“Yeah”

“Oh, let me see how you do it.”

So I reduce my browser window which is usually the case and start running QuickBooks. She sees the numbers for the first time ever, as I see them – on the screen. I explain that the bottom line isn’t the actual bottom line because a check was written early and also she herself took some checks and wrote them by hand and I haven’t entered them yet because I’m punishing them for not being computer generated. They have to wait on me.

I actually only told her “I didn’t enter those checks yet.”

I print out the insurance check. Job well done.

I’ve been keeping the books for the past forever on QuickBooks through several version upgrades, so today was a big day.

yeah, this post blows. Why change now?

Sure beats pulling a loved one’s lifeless body from the mud.



I found this earlier looking for something else.

goat sex

I would tell you how I came across it but I think it's better if you make up your own jokes.

No comments: