Monday, December 13, 2004

Shoot your bolt

“you are normal. so normal in fact that I might puke!”

That’s a quote from Amanda the first person to link this site. Also, the first to send an email which surprised the heck out of me. Actually, both things surprised me. And, I'm still surprised when those same things happen, today. That was before I had comments. I didn't have comments because I didn't think there was a need.

I often wonder if I am normal. Things that others avoid I embrace.

Although, I don’t think I’m abnormal, atypical, quirky, eccentric, or any other adjective that be confused with keen.



I’ve never really try to fit in, the effort is more or less not to stand out.



I pick Lady G up at the airport this evening the 7:25PM flight from Ft Lauderdale. She and the kids are returning from a cruise.

It’s a mostly annual type thing her and the kids go away.

“It’s a family thing. I thought you were family” is what she said to me in her first phone call from FL before boarding the ship. I was invited to go, five people in one cabin, felt like trouble.

The kids sometimes go out of their way for me. I don’t like being a burden.

“You don’t get away much with just the kids. I didn’t want to be a hanger on.”

“Whatever”

Whatever – I get that a lot.



shoot (one's) bolt Slang
To do all within one's power; exhaust all of one's resources or capabilities.

“Beats me, I’ve shot my bolt”

No comments: