Thursday, April 13, 2006

the Aquarium is also two blocks that way

"Where's a good place to get fish?" One of the two guys visiting on business asked. His question was to the bartender who deferred the question to me. I did not know anything about the guy except that he had tough luck. Boston is a seaport town. Boston still has a fishing fleet that shows up everyday and drops incredibly fresh fish off the some very fine restaurants. Boston has some world famous restaurants that cater to the fish loving market. The guy's tough luck comes in because neither the bartender or myself enjoy eating fish and put on the spot, out of the blue, we both can up empty as to where to get fish.

Eventually, the bartender tells them of a local restaurant chain that is supposed to be very got at preparing seafood for consumption so, she tells them to try it.

"Timmy, where's Legal Seafood." the bartender said rejoining me into the conversation.

"Two blocks that way." I said as I point in that way's direction.

"And we'll be able to see it just by walking two blocks that way?"

"Yup, it's right next to the Aquarium."

"We just got here. We don't know where the Aquarium is, either."

I genuinely found the ignorance of his implied message amusing; I just smiled and took a sip of my beverage.

No comments: