Thursday, April 06, 2006

sometimes I do as they want and not as they say

So, my cell phone rang and the caller id was a number I could not identify but I answered it anyway but I lost the connection. A minute went by and the same things happened so I displayed the number from the received calls list and dialed it on a land line.

"Hello"

"Hi, it's Tim."

"Oh, Timmy. The owner called and we need to make some changes to the presentation."

She told me the changes and additions.

"…and she wants to use 'peautiful* restoration'"

"What?!"

"I know that's what I said so I had her spell it. It's spelled P-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L and I said I guess I learned something new and she was a little surprised"

"Are you sure she didn't mean beautiful restoration?"

"Nope, she definitely said 'P'"

"I'll check to make certain that's a word but over the phone a 'B' can sound like a 'P'"


*peautiful wasn't actually the 'word' she said but she said she was going to check for the word on the internet so I can't post the actual word or she'll find this site but peautiful is an accurate representation.

thought

ful

was the word

only she spelled it ch instead of th

I deal with stuff like this almost daily and at both jobs.

No comments: