Tuesday, April 04, 2006

focus pocus

Sometimes I want to be mad with certain situations but there will be no direction to focus my hate in. It will be just a situation that isn't anybody's fault, there is no one to be mad at so I deal with it.

It's like being in a water balloon fight where it's you and your friends against everybody else and you're holding the last balloon and all you can see are your friends, your balloon is no good to you. You can either hit one of your friends with it, carry it around with you with the hope that someone else will show up or you can just toss it away and bring the fight to an end.

...

http://www.oneword.com
today's word - ceremony

don't stand on ceremony

after that I started thinking

not to stand on ceremony

not to be ceremonious; to be familiar, outspoken, or bold


sometimes I buck the system not because I have a problem with the system but because others seem to fear speaking up.

not all dogs bite

...

It's not my company but sometimes I bleed for it as if it were.

She called to tell me more business was coming in. It was welcomed news but I was a little puzzled as to why she made an effort to tell me; most likely we would have talked to each other the following day. She then said "I didn't want you worrying. I thought you might be worried."

I had been worried but I didn't tell her that.

...


Two things my friends don't seem to understand:

It's okay to do nice things for strangers.

It's okay to do good things for no apparent reward.

No comments: