Thursday, April 06, 2006

like kind

I'm restless today.

Often, when I send an email I'll want to post some of it. Usually, I don't because it was a private conversation even though I don't care if the recipient posts the whole entire thing proceeded by "This is what this chump said," that kind of happened once and I still think I was right.

The following is the first email I received from someone reading my blog. I didn't know anyone was reading it but her reasons for reading me are the same reasons I read some of the people I do.

I just wanted to write you a little note to let you know that you are a hero.
You do so much for so many people.
Just knowing that someone out there is so kind, makes me think you are a hero.
Thank you for making me smile.
Lady G is a VERY lucky gal.

Thanks.
*first person to email regarding my blog*


I replied.

Thanks, *first person to email regarding my blog*.

I often don't feel a hero because I know there are times I could do more. I worry I do things out of duty instead of kindness. Though this weekend brought some hope, I did some things just to make things easier for others.

Lady G can do better than me and I tell her such, she'll sometimes look around and ask where is the better? I would go out and find her someone but I'm too selfish.

thanks again
-Tim



That's rather innocuous. I still wonder if it's duty or kindness. Her name was Amanda.

No comments: