Monday, April 10, 2006

I think I might be engaged

"Timmy, do you want to marry me?" She walked in and seemed a little heated. She didn't seem to be having a good day. I found it to be an odd greeting. I was standing behind and to the right of one of my friends; it was a rare occasion when I didn't have a seat at the bar.

"Sure, I've got eight hundred dollars in travelers' checks sitting at home. I can grab them, we can fly out to Vegas and be married in six hours."

Later, when my friend was up at the free buffet, two seats further down the bar became available so I moved his beer and myself down to the vacant seats. She came over and told me that someone down the bar said they would marry her and that they had eight hundred in travelers' checks. At the time, I thought she was letting me know that someone was making fun of me. I looked down the bar and saw a regular I knew and just dismissed it as failed humor but later I realized that the place she motioned to was where I was standing. She may have been looking for a confirmation.

So now I think I need to buy a ring.

No comments: