Thursday, April 20, 2006

is this how she raised me?

My sister was babysitter our niece and ended up taking her to the craft store where our three year old niece picked up some craft paint among other things.

"Nana, you can use my paints whenever you want." our niece told her grandmother

"That's fair because you use a lot of my paints."



I was shoving the snow thrower back into the shed after I pulled it out months before and set it in the unfinished great room that sits at the back of the house. Part of the process involved pulling out the wagon I use for yard work. My niece was in the yard and started to use her plastic shovel to put dirt in the wagon.

"Emily, don't do that. Timmy doesn’t want you to get the cart all dirty." my mom told her granddaughter.

"I bought it for hauling dirt." I always hate it when she makes me the bad guy when it her that has the problems.

"Well, if she gets in it she'll get all dirty." Sometime the wagon is used for hauling little girls.

"Well, if she decides to get in it she can dump the dirt out."

My mom wasn't happy with my reasoning. "Are you opposed to her having fun? Because she's just having fun. She's putting dirt in a dirt wagon."

If my mom had said something about Emily digging holes in my patchy back yard lawn then I would have been quiet.


I sometimes wonder why I'm not more screwed up it the head

No comments: