Friday, April 14, 2006

I frequently forget what I write by the next morning or more accurately I forget what I publish and I forget what was deleted.

Posts and counter posts alone with the unposted.

"You can't do that" I will hear.

"Oh, yeah. Watch me" is the message my grin will convey.

Proving people wrong is a greater motivation for me than proving myself right.

I hear his young voice speak as if he knows it all. I always smile as I wish I could be around when he learns the truth the hard way. I sometimes think about trying to set him straight but he will have no interest in listening to the likes of me.

"Sometimes I can't stand that guy. He thinks he knows everything." I will be told with a nod towards the door to which the guy had just walked out. I will just shrug my shoulders. You can either get angry with fools or you can laugh at them. Sometimes being angry just takes more effort than the person is worth.

...

The front page of the paper has a five year old girl sitting in her two year old wheelchair. She is crying. She is in the wheelchair because someone was angry and decided to express his displeasure with lead. Unfortunately, he could not properly use the .38 handgun that sent a bullet through a three year old's spine while she was playing on her third floor deck. "What he did was wrong but I still forgive him" she is quoted as saying.

I can forgive violent outbursts of anger. I have a harder time forgiving outbursts of stupidity.

His intended victim can still stand tall.


...


I'm kinda glad I don't know who's in there I thought to myself as a variety of noises could be heard from the stall and then his cell phone rang that distinctive ring.

No comments: