Saturday, April 01, 2006

I was pretty decent at kickball

"Hi Tim. Do you have any tracing paper?"

"No" then I paused a little before I said "I have vellum". I wasn't trying to be a prick, splitting hairs between tracing paper and vellum but regular tracing paper is less expensive than vellum. I really did not want to part with my vellum just so someone can trace.

"I don't need a lot"

"I think I might have something" I said as I remember something and walked back to where the plans are kept. He followed. I pulled out a very large pad of 100% rag tracing vellum. It's stuff I've used only twice in the last decade. I flipped back the top cover which clearly states what lies beneath so he could look at a clean sheet.

"Can you see through it?" he asked as he was reaching for some printed material to place underneath the first sheet.

"It's called tracing vellum" I said, the 'you dumbfuck' was implied.

If I didn't pity his lack of social skills I would have kicked him in the balls. I think a kick in the balls might do him some good. It might make him think "Why did I just get kicked in the balls? Was it something I said? Am I a social retard? Do I come off as a pompous ass to the extent that persons who are mostly friendly want to see me keel over in genital pain?"

He then started to explain why he needed the tracing paper. I just looked at him and let my eyes focus on an imaginary far way point, trying to patiently wait for him to just tear off a sheet and leave.


(I've never actually kicked anyone in the balls)

No comments: