Sunday, March 28, 2004

Advice...


One of the things I vowed when I started writing things down was that I was never going to offer advice. When I see others offer advice, I'll sometimes ask "What do they know?". So in order not to be a hypocrite, I don't offer advice because you can ask the same about me.

But here's something that might be worth trying. When your faithful touchstone indicates sterling silver don't retest your metal just accept the results.

Then if you're not too busy let me know how you got the courage to do so.


touchstone n.

1. A hard black stone, such as jasper or basalt, formerly used to test the quality of gold or silver by comparing the streak left on the stone by one of these metals with that of a standard alloy.

2. An excellent quality or example that is used to test the excellence or genuineness of others: “the qualities of courage and vision that are the touchstones of leadership” (Henry A. Kissinger).

No comments: