Thursday, March 11, 2004

I don't feel much like dancing today..


Heard today that the life of an engineer in a different department was brought to an end by cancer. It looked like the cancer wasn't that ambitious there at the end, the guy looked good but looks can be deceptive. This guy drew nearly 100% of the plans for his department, drew them by hand, by hand and in pencil. The problem with drawing in pencil is any extraneous graphite from the pencil needs to be dealt with immediately or else the drawing will have smudge marks all over and look extremely dirty. Every line, every dimension, every symbol, every anything drawn produces this damaging dirtying dust. With ink you can rub an eraser over the whole drawing to clean the medium, that can't be done with pencil. This guy kept his drawings pristine, which is a feat among drawing feats, he was a skilled artist.

I just overheard the other engineers describe the guy as an artist as well. So I kid you not.

On my better days I could come close to his quality in the drawing but it would come at the cost of speed, I could never match his lettering. He was quickly very good.


Another dinosaur extinct.


...
I feel a fight coming on.

Some folks have been challenging how I'm treated, they feel I'm treated unfairly better than some others, these claimants don't have the output or the skills that I do, they don't 'volunteer' when something needs to get done. I get cut breaks because I cut breaks for others.

I usually try to let things slide, let things blow over usually things calm down but the pressure seems to be building, when that happens I sometimes start rocking the boat, start throwing jabs, it's not good to keep all the pressure contained, so I'm starting to push buttons maybe I'll even throw a switch.

No comments: