Tuesday, March 16, 2004

It seemed like everyone had something to say...

I'm a slow reader, true enough, but I can or at least could at one time speed read but I always felt I was missing something of the words, with no doubt, I could tell you the gist of things but I never enjoyed reading fast, so if you check the amount of time that I'm on your page and the minutes seem extraordinary, it's probably because I have been interrupted, and not just my reading style, like today...

I'm reading things and people want to chat me up, chat me up about things I have no interest in at the moment, but what can you do but wait it out or be rude. I wait it out. Is it over? I got things to do. Is that you talking to me again? Alright let me turn half way round. Okay, are you done? Can I go back to what I was doing? When does this story end? Maybe, you are just yanking my chain and I'm just too impatient to know it. If that's the case go ahead and yank, it's been yanked by the likes of better than you. Yank all you want, knock yourself out. If you yank and I don't know I'm the yankee does the yanking even count?

The first shot is free but it gets recorded, the record deposited, the deposit kept with interest. Actually, no it don't. I usually don't care enough about most donkeys to occupy my mind for more than a moment, never mind keeping a running record of wrongs.

Oh, you done? Maybe you are just lonely,... I know, maybe you need a puppy.
...
That's not how I wanted to start off but, hey, that's me for you.

I didn't sleep well last night, maybe it was something I ate. I was the cook, go figure.

Thoughts were racing around my head, random bullshit thoughts, thoughts with no end, no conclusions, rhymes with no reasons, sometimes reasons without rhymes, I thought about trying to write that stuff down, to get it out of my head but without a conclusion, a closing thought, some resolution there would be no relief. I'm obsessive like that. It went on from like 2:30am until something in my head said "get up" but it was of the tone 'get the fuck up, you're late', I was only late in being early but even still my consecutive days of non-tardiness remains intact. But then I get to work and well... if you read this far, you read what happened.

Lady G says she will be dropping by today at the day job, she needs some business cards by Thursday, by business cards she means personal cards, the ones with personal contact informational things on them, name, email, phone, cell, pager, website, home address, credo. Credo ...I like it when the vocab pokes it's head out. I'm not certain I have every used the word credo before outside of my head, I usually default to creed, which I think is edgier. Anyway...
...
Oh, if I forget to scan it in, there is this picture in the Boston Herald page six of the March 16th, 2004 issue, a picture of the Mayor of Boston holding a huge photo of John Kerry, and on the photo has been placed a hat like the gondoliers wear, a mustache, and a button that states 'Kiss Me I'm Italian'. Why do I mention this? I'm the one who modified the photo.

...

I got a cat named Midnight round here
I only feed him tuna fish and beer
Once we split a 5th of wine
Now he wants wine all the time
I gotta cat named named Midnight round here
I got steel in my knees from the war
I don't go to church anymore
That blood and stuff gets pretty rough
I guess I've seen blood enough
I got steel in my knees from the war

It's true, I get jumpy sometimes
Now and then I might forget my lines
The other day, in the checkout lane
I signed a check with my old name
It's true I get jumpy sometimes

I met a girl out walking last night
I tried to kiss her waiting for the light
She said she went to Beauty School
I told her I thought that was cool
This girl I met walking last night

When that girl and me were talking later on
All my inhibitions were gone
Even a crippled bird will sing
I think I told her everything
When that girl and me were talking later on

These days I keep a watch out for the gun
All because the jury was hung
The jury foreman, he just smiled
The killer tapped danced down the aisle
These days, I keep a watch out for the gun

I lost everything because
I told them who the shooter was

Written By: Kevin Welch


wine drinking cats make me smile.

No comments: