Sunday, March 14, 2004

Listen, I don't like you and I just came here for the rolls..



...
I go to the early church service, there are less people there and I usually get back home by 10:45AM. Today, I figured I'll swing by my former neighborhood's bakery to get some fresh round seeded rolls and a loaf of scali sliced, and the Sunday paper.

I figure it will be a nice and easy operation. I hop from the car which is in the sweetest parking space, as close to the door as possible, someone had just driven off, and I bound into the bakery. I start looking at the selections and hear, "Hi, Tim" and look in the direction from which the salutation came. The person with the greeting is one of the agents, one of the agents I have little respect for, I say "Hi" and then the chit chat begins. I'm not a fan of most chit chat, certainly not chit chat with this agent, certainly not in the bakery line when folks should be ordering and not chit chatting. She askes me twice how am I during the exchange and both times I say fine. I'm trying to keep track of the young lady who is helping me get my desired items and I'm being interupted by this agent who is standing in such a way I have to look in the opposite direction of the bakery help. The questions don't stop so I leave my choices at the rolls and bread and try to get out of the way because there are other patrons behind me. One of my pet peeves is people talking while in my way and I do not want to do the same. She askes "did you get my note?", I try my best to think of the note, nothing comes to mind so I say "What note?".

It turns out, the note she is talking about is the note she left for me on last Tuesday regarding one hundred dollars missing from one of her rental deals which I pointed out to her. She did the math wrong and shorted the deal a c note. She got $50 from one party and is waiting for the other half. She lets me know if the other half doesn't show up that it is to come out of her commission.

I'm pretty sure I didn't laugh out loud but I'm certain I got that devious twinkle in my eye and my sly grin made an appearance as I responded with an "Okay", I'm quite certain she knew I meant you bet your ass it's coming out of your commission.

She put the blame on 'the lady from Ireland', I really did not care to discuss it, so I don't know if that was the new tenant or the landlord, the fault is never her own, when she recounts the story.


She tried to put blame on me once before she knew better, she doesn't do that anymore.
...

No comments: