Thursday, March 18, 2004

you're on your own for this title, I got nothing.

So, I start the laundry, the dark clothes if you need to know, I took care of the whites and lights earlier in the week then I start playing poker with my mom and two of my sisters, quarter bets mostly. Play maybe twelve hands and I get a call after the fourth card up in Texas Hold 'Em, I hoping it a quick call because I'm in the middle of something but the phone call is going to be longer than I wish, so I fold. Turns out I wouldn't have won the hand anyway.

The call came at 7:42PM on the cellular so that meant one of two people, Lady G or the owner of the real estate office. The voice on the other end wasn't Lady G, and it said...

"Tim, I need a huge favor"

It turns out that a father of two had just widowed his wife and instead of the normal advertising the owner wanted to do a tribute page. At this time of night the deadline is four hours past and the newspaper's offices are closed. But we'll see how it goes. The ad is done, I had to draw a claddagh and paint in the back part of a cropped head to round it out but like I said it's done. I'm not super happy with it but I gave it my best effort...it was the best I could do with what I had ...it was a best effort for a change.

Before I left the house I threw the laundry in the dryer so at least that was taken care of as well.

No comments: