Monday, March 08, 2004

what ever what


If you come by my desk and ask me for something like, oh, let's say a red pencil, please do not give up on your request just because I don't find it in the first drawer I look in. You see, I have three drawers in which the red pencils could be and sometimes I guess wrong but if you start to walk away after the first drawer I start to think you really didn't need the red pencil after all. And believe me, I would rather rummage through my drawers then what I usually end up doing otherwise.
...
So, during my mini hamburger roll making, I place the dough to rise in my new Mason Cash 13" mixing bowl and set in on top of the preheating oven, right by the heat vent under the top panel (the top panel is where the clock would be if I hadn't removed the clock). My kitchen keeps cool for the most part, so it's not dough rising friendly but the bowl picks up and distributes the exhast heat nicely, right at 93 degrees farenheit. So I say to one of my housemates "this bowl is my new best friend". That's right, my new best friend is a 13" mixing bowl. And this bowl can go places, places like inside the oven, the microwave, the freezer, the diswasher and it's been in England.

...
So, I'm doing one of those phony paper street name signs that I do because someone is switching to Human Resources and would like a sign that says HUMAN RESOURCES WAY, I type it and see SOUR right in the middle and think that can't be right, so I confer with the dictionary which states that that is the proper spelling but I still don't like it.
...
rummage n.
A confusion of miscellaneous articles.

No comments: