Thursday, March 25, 2004

Two bucks for a show ain't bad...


So, I'm at lunch thinking about shit, watching people. This young black chick starts walking in my direction, kinda slow. I'm by the hallway to the restrooms so I'm not certain that she's headed to me or not but she has that look. Then I know it's me she's approaching, she carrying a small container, the kind you get for Chinese take-out.

"Excuse, me sir, could you help me out with some change, so that I can get something to drink"


the cardinal is the most ferocious of all the songbirds


My first reaction was saying to myself, pretty good technique. You leave your white boyfriend outside while you hustle money. Your request seems quite reasonable and you leave it open ended, you leave the price of the drink to me. Drinks cost more than 'change' but asking for a buck or two would be asking for too much. I really enjoyed the contrite slow walk, good touch. This probably works wonders with the other business type white dudes that would feel too guilty or self righteous to refuse your not outrageous request.

Here's a tip though, if you want bigger money, run this routine by a guy with a lady, he won't refuse in front of a lady. He'll look like an asshole. You might even score a fiver.

I have change a plenty but I thought the show was a pretty good effort. I have twelve dollars in my pocket, I peal off the two ones and pass them to her. I think about telling her my thoughts but I figure what's the point. Let her tell her boyfriend outside that she just played some dude, an added bonus, free of charge, from me to you. She goes to the counter and I faintly hear the request for water. Water is free, smooth but you need to be quieter next time. I watched her leave quicker than she came, she's all smiles outside. She should really wait until she is out of sight to drop character.

I'm not certain why she singled me out, I was the only one she approached. Maybe, I looked the ripest for picking.

I hope that this is the full extent to which her boyfriend pimps her.

No comments: