Tuesday, February 24, 2004

I've known Lady G since sophomore year in high school, which is a long time past. After high school I couldn't find a reason for me to be in her life so I didn't keep in touch. There were a couple time she reached out but beyond replying courteously there was no effort on my part to interject myself back into her life. The thinking was I would just be in the way, just along for the ride. Keeping the seat warm for her Prince Charming was not a job I wished to handle.

The reaching out stopped. She's better off without me was what I thought.

I don't know how many years went by but one day out of the corner of my eye, I see Lady G in the hallway of city hall, she's wearing a full length beaver coat.

The debate that raced through my head was to just keep walking or to greet her. I was actually past her when the choice of greeting her won out. I needed to know if she hated me or not. She didn't but I did go on this rollercoaster ride of emotions.

After some time she asked "Where did you go?" I told her I felt in the way, to which she replied "shouldn't that have been my decision?"

No comments: