Thursday, February 12, 2004

Questions, I was asked questions.

I'm what you might call a Jesus freak.

I've actually been called a Jesus freak. A Jesus freak who doesn't put out is what a female acquaintance has called me a couple of times. Which makes me wonder about stuff because I would have put out for her.

Anyway, I was asked to participate in what is know as a small group by one of the pastors at the church I go to, I couldn't find a valid argument that I couldn't shoot holes through so I agreed to go.

The purpose of the group is to share, fellowship, with others in small numbers to become more intimate, more knowledgeable of others so we all can become better people (grow) and better Jesus freaks. These gatherings happen on Thursday nights at 7:30 (one of my real estate nights, so its a late day for me)

Usually, the leader will do some sort of 'fun' let's get to know one another type of crap before the religious stuff kicks in. Tonight, we had to write a question we would ask to get to know someone. The questions where piled along with a equal sized pile of our names. A name was picked and all the questions where asked to the person who was known by that name. Next week a new name, same questions.

This week's name and mine happened to be the same. I think my name was chosen not at random.

The questions were as follows:

1. What countries have you been to?
2. What's your dream job?
3. Where is a place you would like to go?
4. What's your worst pet peeve?
5. What turns you on (gets your juices flowing)?
6. If you could live in any time in history, what time would you choose?
7. What's your favorite sandwich?
8. How many toes do you have?
9. What do you want said about you when you're gone?

Answers:
1. Canada, I was going to say London, ...the country of Paris, and Mexico.
2. I would be a builder.
3. The Orient. Can you be more specific? I don't know, mainland China?
4. I hate it when people will crank the thermostat way up or down, thinking that it will get warmer or cooler faster by doing so, I hate it. Hate it. It will not give hotter heat or cooler cold, it will only give the same heat or cold for longer.
5. When the thermostat is set at 68 degrees.
6. 1920's
7. Turkey Club on dark rye.
8. Collectively, ten.
9. ...that he tried his best, at times.

I'm still working on that last one.

The answers are mostly true. If number nine could have only one thing, I would prefer to have someone say "thanks for always being there".

In the movie "Tombstone" Wyatt Earp says that to Doc Holliday on the dentist's deathbed, gets me everytime.

I have a need to be someone's sidekick, right hand man, the go to guy, the number two guy, second in command, ...some knight on royalties' quest, there's a need to be a hero.

I like the glory, and it doesn't have to belong to me, as long as I was apart of getting it bestowed, that's good enough.

But as of late, my feats of heroism are spoken of in past tense. Those were the days, ...that inspired awe, ...that was a wonderful thing, ...not many people would have done that ...all written down in yesterday's journal.

If you live in the past, you will soon become a memory.

...

That dryer part was almost delivered today but a signature was requested and a signature was not obtained, but I put a signature on the appropriate line and left the line in an appropriate place, so chances are I'll be able to mechanically dry clothes by Saturday.

The parcel deliverer usually leaves the items on the enclosed porch with or without a signature, but what can you do?

Me, I cursed a bit, thought of calling and going to pick my item up but I can wait another 24.

It is really not a big deal. which I keep repeating

...

I wrote a check for myself last Tuesday, I just opened the envelope and noticed a signature doing it's best to look authentic. Oh, well. If I had known that was going to be the case, my pen is a better pretender. Most likely the one with the proper penmanship was preoccupied but gave absenting approval.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I inclination not approve on it. I think nice post. Especially the designation attracted me to study the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I contemplate the collection should have more info then it has.